Wednesday, December 14, 2011

MIND MAP FOR PLN (Personal Learning Network)



This was my first experience of using bubles.com and it was fun! Some parts presented a bit of a challenge but the penny has semi dropped from hearing somewhere in this subject, that all you need to be able to do is to fill in some forms. That has made me feel more confident about trying out new ideas and has helped me feel like I won't "break' something.

A very timely read for me was Ruth Buchanan's article in the latest SCAN - Developing a personal learning network. Having just read Jeff Utecht's blogpost about Stages of PLN adoption, I was still a bit blurry. Ruth's article really helped consolidate this concept.

After constructing my PLN, I realised that I am already using some tools and networks. This made me feel a lot more positive that I can master this and it also helped me realise how much value there is in adopting, developing and refining a workable PLN.

I would say that I am in Stage 2 - Evaluation. I recognise and acknowledge that some of the networks I am in are positive for my development both personally and professionally. The more I learn from the modules in this subject and professional interactions on Facebook and blogs, the more I realise that these are very valuable in my work. They are a form of professional development.

I still have gaps which I need to develop and refine. My working knowledge of RSS and del.icio.us is still very rudimentary, so I need to refine my skills with these as I believe that if were to be using these correctly they would add immensely to my knowledge base, personally and professionally.

REFERENCES

Buchanan, R. Developing a personal learning network (PLN). SCAN, 30 (4), November, 2011. 19-22.

Utecht, J. Stages of PLN adoption. The Thinking Stick, 3rd April, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment